Sonos One doesn't show up in some rooms

• 27 November 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a Sonos One that works fine if I have it in the main room of the house. When I move it to a different room, however, it doesn’t show up as an available device in the Sonos app. Could it have something to do with my wifi setup? I have a Netgear Orbi system with 3 Orbi satellites. The main Orbi router is in the living room next to the stereo system. The Sonos One works fine in that room, but when I take it to a back bedroom (close to one of the Orbi satellites) and plug it in, the device doesn’t show up in the Sonos app. It seems to only work if it connects to the main router and not to one of the satellites.

I also have a Sonos Connect, which is connected to the stereo in the living room. It shows up in the Sonos app from any room in the house. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Perhaps see if this thread-link below might assist:

Sonos on WiFi Mesh

Is your Orbi in AP (access point) mode?

Thanks for the replies. My Orbi is not set to AP mode. Should it be? After reading the attached thread, I think I’m going to call in a professional. I don’t know enough to start changing router settings and am afraid I will mess up my wifi. Thanks again

Thanks for the replies. My Orbi is not set to AP mode. Should it be? After reading the attached thread, I think I’m going to call in a professional. I don’t know enough to start changing router settings and am afraid I will mess up my wifi. Thanks again

Perhaps see this link: 

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

@cbl3boys 

I haven’t watched it all the way through, but I think this YouTube video may also assist you…