Question

Sonos not registering

• 10 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi guys!

I have a Sonos Play:1 that was unresponsive to playing anything via Spotify itself, but also via the controller app. I was so fed up today that i did a factory reset and everything worked until I had to register the device. It fails and it says installation problem. I can't reset the router since I live in an appartement building where we have access points. I can't send diagnostic info from the controller app. Just don't know what to do anymore. Controller version is 10.1.2 and I have only one Sonos account.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi guys!

I have a Sonos Play:1 that was unresponsive to playing anything via Spotify itself, but also via the controller app. I was so fed up today that i did a factory reset and everything worked until I had to register the device. It fails and it says installation problem. I can't reset the router since I live in an appartement building where we have access points. I can't send diagnostic info from the controller app. Just don't know what to do anymore. Controller version is 10.1.2 and I have only one Sonos account.

Hi MangoJJ,

It sounds like your Sonos system isn't able to communicate beyond your router to get to the internet. In order to play Spotify, or register your system, it needs to be able to communicate past your router. Most of the time, rebooting the router and Sonos speakers clears issues like this up by making sure everything is using up to date network information. It may be the case that some network configuration is required. In some cases of shared access points, certain communication ports are closed, preventing online access to devices. You may need to work with a technician who has access to the router's settings in order to get things working.

In any case, it may be best to work on this issue live with our phone team. You can find our phone number and hours here.