Answered

Sonos not playing songs from spotify using voice command

• 11 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I tried play song using voice command " Alexa! play coldplay song from spotiy'. It says shuffling song from spotify but doesn't play anything. I have submitted diagnostic with ref number 1547443961. Thanks
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 11 November 2018, 14:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Forget to mentioned it was working fine for last 4-5 months then it suddenly stopped working
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I’m getting same sort of issue with amazon unlimited Canada. Sometimes it plays...sometimes nothing...sometimes 1 songs plays and it stops...
Really annoying given nothing has changed in my house.

I submitted diagnostics as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Normally the first thing to try when this occurs is to Disable and then Enable the Sonos skill in the Alexa App. Also if you have setup Spotify as your default music service in the 'Alexa App>Settings>Music & Media>Choose default music services' then there is no need to include Spotify in the command.

After you have set the default, can you try 'Alexa, Play Coldplay' assuming this is on a Sonos One or Beam. If not then try 'Alexa, Play Coldplay on [Room Name]'