Answered

Sonos Move - recommended way to leave when not in use?

• 22 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I’ve just purchased a SONOS move, a couple of queries.

1. What is the recomended way to leave the MOVE when not in use and to preserve the battery?

1. Power on, stored on the recharging ring switched on.
  2. Power off, stored on the recharging ring switched off.
  3. Some other combination.?

2. This is the first SONOS speaker I have purchased with voice activation. Is there any way the Move can be used to control my other SONOS speakers (6x SONOS ONE first gen and 1x Play bar) via the APP?

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 24 June 2020, 17:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Paul S H,
Thanks for reaching out.

Like any other device that uses a battery, I recommend that you can just power off the Sonos Move when not in use.  It powers on and stays on when placed on the charging ring, it will keep on recharging until it is fully charged then it will stay on idle mode.
You can check this article for Sonos Power Consumption While Idle and Charging Sonos Move.

Sonos Move is voice-enabled speaker, you need to add first your preferred voice service to Sonos using the App, and here's how:
Add voice services to Sonos

I hope that I was able to answer your inquiries and If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.