Question

Sonos Move Poor Battery Life

• 7 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, I recently did an update on my Sonos Move and upgraded to the new app. Since then the battery life on my Move has been extremely poor.

For example, I fully charged the Move on Saturday afternoon and within 3-4 hours it was flat. I was streaming Spotify over Wi-Fi and at about 65% volume. This happened twice on Saturday. I had put back on the base fully charged and went flat again in a similar time frame.

Today I turned on and looked at the battery, it was at 53%, this lasted just over an hour and a half and went flat, the app stated that there was still 28% left. Not sure what has changed but the battery life is extremely poor all of a sudden and is nowhere near the purported 10hrs. Unit is 7 months old.

Curious if anybody else has experienced this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Gambit1870.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and bringing this to us right away.

Sonos Move has gained an additional hour of battery life through a previous software update.

Sonos Move can now support up to 11 hours of continuous playtime on battery.

Now since its draining to fast than normal, I suggest contacting our Phone support agent. 

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I’ve a new Sonos Move and its battery does not work at all. It remains 0% despite spending hours on charging deck. 

It is frustrating to be unable to contact customer support to check my the battery of my new Sonos Move does not work. 
diagnostic number 2083319938.