Answered

Sonos Move flashing red battery light

• 18 June 2020
  • 5 replies

My original Sonos Move had to be replaced back in January as it was in a permanent fault state (red flashing charging light) and wouldn’t charge.

My replacement Move just flashed this red light again when I put it on the charger, and required a reboot to carry on playing music.

This is the first time I’ve seen this behaviour - i.e the first model just died with no prior warning and my replacement has continued to work.

It is now working again as normal, but now I’m paranoid I’m going to have a situation like my first Move!

Is this a known issue?

Cheers.

(Diags Submitted 710121452)

icon

Best answer by Krishma M 30 June 2020, 23:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @ashleywntr, welcome to the community. Thanks for letting us know about this and submitting a diagnostic. I’m not seeing any problem with the diagnostic that you have submitted. That should be okay because when Move begins charging, the LED on the front will turn amber. After about 10 seconds, the light will turn off but Move will continue charging. You can also check this article for reference about Charging Sonos Move. Let us know if you need anything.

Just noticed the battery light was flashing red on my SONOS Move.

It was still playing fine and said it still had about 70% charge.  I turned it off by holding the power button on the back for 5 seconds, left it 10 seconds and turned back on.  Battery light has now stopped flashing and it still seems to be working fine.

Should I be worried?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @foxesfan0906, thanks for reaching out. Observe the battery of your Sonos Move if it will still last longer as usual but that should be okay because as I’ve mentioned above when the Sonos Move begins charging, the LED on the front will turn amber. After about 10 seconds, the light will turn off but Move will continue charging. You can also check this article for reference about Charging Sonos Move. If it’s 100% try to remove it from the dock and observe it as well. Just let us know if you need anything.

Badge

Just noticed the battery light was flashing red on my SONOS Move.

It was still playing fine and said it still had about 70% charge.  I turned it off by holding the power button on the back for 5 seconds, left it 10 seconds and turned back on.  Battery light has now stopped flashing and it still seems to be working fine.

Should I be worried?

I have the exactly the same situation, it happened once, @foxesfan0906 just want to know if it happens again?

I’ve had my move for two months and it’s now gone into red flashing mode. I can’t do anything. Should I ask for a refund? Seems to be numerous people having the same problem