Sonos Move Dead When Moved to a New Location

• 3 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

So I fully charged my Move when I received it, used it for about 20 minutes and a week later tried to use it at a new location. When I tried to connect it, the lights on it were all dead. I know I can just charge it but do I have a lemon?Or when you move to a new location is this normal? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

During the week was the unit on the charger? Was the unit on the charger while you attempted to connect? Is the “new location” on your WiFi network or another network?

Badge +1

Thanks so much No, not on charger during week and not at new location, which was my other house on a different network it had never joined. Not put on charger base at new location. It said something about putting it on the charger but I didn’t bring it with me. Haven’t used it since.

Is that how it’s going to be? Completely lifeless, no lights, nothing, if it’s lightly used and off charger for a week? Isn’t this supposed to work at the beach? And hold a charge?

I’m having exactly the same problem. Working fine for a year, now dead when I tried to move it recently. Charging light comes on but nothing else works. Can’t turn it on.  Reset process doesn’t work.  Help!

I’m having exactly the same problem. Working fine for a year, now dead when I tried to move it recently. Charging light comes on but nothing else works. Can’t turn it on.  Reset process doesn’t work.  Help!

Try powering off the charger-loop for a minute then switch it back on and then return the Move to the charger and see what happens, but give it a bit of time to (hopefully) spring back to life.

Thanks so much No, not on charger during week and not at new location, which was my other house on a different network it had never joined. Not put on charger base at new location. It said something about putting it on the charger but I didn’t bring it with me. Haven’t used it since.

Is that how it’s going to be? Completely lifeless, no lights, nothing, if it’s lightly used and off charger for a week? Isn’t this supposed to work at the beach? And hold a charge?

It will play for 10-12 hours on a full charge at average volume, but may depends on use of mic with auto-Trueplay and voice assistant etc. It will last about 5 days (approx.) if put to sleep off it’s charger. It will wake up from time to time to check for updates etc. and to advise it needs charging. Note aswell as the charger-loop, you can of course also use a compatible USB-C charger/adapter (See below)...

The power adapter must be USB PD (Power Delivery). For 45W operation the PD source must put out either 20V/2.25A (or higher current) or 15V/3A (or higher current). For 36W operation the PD source must put out 12V/3A or 15V/2.4A and charging speed is reduced if listening to audio at the same time. Anything less than 36W will not power or charge the Move.