Answered

Sonos Hard Wired Speakers Inside/Outside Garbled Audio

• 5 May 2019
  • 3 replies

I have an issue with my Sonos system, as the audio coming from our hard wired speakers inside the home (various rooms with speakers in the ceiling) and outside on the deck (attached to home and rock speakers near pool) have garbled audio. The other wireless Sonos products we own, Playbar, Wireless speakers and portable speakers are crystal clear. Need some help... Glad to send diagnostics as appropriate, or a resource to help me with a system reset, etc...
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 May 2019, 21:56

It's unclear from your post whether or not these hard wired speakers are part of your Sonos system or not. Are they powered by a CONNECT:AMP of some sort, or are they connected to another amplifier via a Sonos CONNECT?

Also, what is the source of this music that you state is garbled? How is it garbled?

In almost all cases, a system reset is a bad thing, as it deletes all information that might be helpful to Sonos in diagnosing the issue. You should never do a system reset unless instructed. There's nothing wrong, however, with a simple reboot of a Sonos device, which involves unplugging it from power for a minute, then plugging it back in.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
To answer the question we still would need to know more information about your setup. Do you have 3rd party amp(s) connect to Sonos Connect(s) or do you have Connect:Amp(s)? If you are unsure, it may be helpful to post a picture of your equipment. How many zones/rooms do you have? Did the speakers that are garbled ever come across clearly?

These types of problems are often wiring issues. The fact that your playbar and wireless speakers are fine fits with that, but it's odd that it's happening on multiple speakers like that.

BTW, Sonos doesn't make any portable speakers.
Thank you for your reply... The hard wired speakers are played through the Sonos system and through the app on my phone. I have them designated on the app separately from the wireless speakers located throughout the home. I will admit that I am very much a novice with regards to the Sonos system, as it was set up by a professional. Prior to reaching out for a service call, I thought I would post here to see if was something simple that I could handle myself.
It's unclear from your post whether or not these hard wired speakers are part of your Sonos system or not. Are they powered by a CONNECT:AMP of some sort, or are they connected to another amplifier via a Sonos CONNECT?

Also, what is the source of this music that you state is garbled? How is it garbled?

In almost all cases, a system reset is a bad thing, as it deletes all information that might be helpful to Sonos in diagnosing the issue. You should never do a system reset unless instructed. There's nothing wrong, however, with a simple reboot of a Sonos device, which involves unplugging it from power for a minute, then plugging it back in.