Question

Sonos doesn't work when it's starts raining heavily

• 2 December 2018
  • 8 replies

Hi experts, Sonos stops working whenever there's heavy rain in my vicinity. Anyone experience this and any suggestions to rectify please? Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Does the wireless signal have to cross between buildings? Water is an excellent absorber of 2.4GHz radio signals.
What part of Sonos? Internet music streaming? Are you on satellite broadband service by any chance? If so there is nothing you can do about it when it rains heavily.
Thanks. The signal is within the house. Yes, Internet music and radio streaming. Is this normal?
Thanks. The signal is within the house. Yes, Internet music and radio streaming. Is this normal?No, completely unprecedented. I think people are trying to establish whether this happens on all sources or just internet-based ones. If internet then it is to do with your internet. You may not notice it with internet browsing but the slightly higher demands of Sonos might expose it. This is absolutely not a Sonos issue.
What is your internet connection? Satellite, cable, DSN, other?
My Internet is fiber direct to home.
Whatever you say. Best submit a diagnostic next time it happens
My Internet is fiber direct to home.

Most likely your connection outside is getting wet and is shorting. Only your ISP can fix that. When it starts happening, you can run a speed test to your ISP on your computer and see if the reading shows instability as it is testing the download side. As stated above you probably won’t notice it when using a browser.