Sonos Desktop Controller Won't Launch - Windows 10

• 17 July 2018
  • 1 reply

I am unable to open Sonos Desktop Controller on my PC, which is running the current version of Windows 10. After displaying the Sonos logo, it hangs on the intro screen, which is just a white box. I tried uninstalled & reinstalling it, so now it’s getting hung up on the “Sonos setup” screen, which is also a white box. I’m running Windows Defender Firewall and the Sonos app is allowed to communicate through this firewall. The controller was working fine until recently and there have been no recent updates to Windows. Sonos is working, the apps on my iPhone and iPad are all working with no issues and the Sonos software is up to date (just updated today in fact). I'm also not able to launch the Spotify app on my PC, which is also set up to be able to communicate through the firewall. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It sounds like an issue with Windows Defender or some other firewall/virus app, to me. Can you turn it off, and reboot the machine without it, temporarily?

No matter what, I'd reboot the machine. It's possible that there's a memory corruption somewhere that's stalling the process of the install, a reboot would certainly reset the memory.

If neither of those work, I'd definitely contact Sonos to discuss it.