Question

Sonos Connect will not work with Mcintosh MC 50 pre amp

• 19 January 2018
  • 11 replies

I have tried what i think is all of the other suggestions on here. When I hook up the Sonos to Mciintosh the sound is very faint even at almost full level on the system. I know multiple people have had this issue but I have tried unplugging, changing interconnect cables and input locations on the Mc

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Also left out I have also changed from variable to fixed - none of these change anything
You are wiring each analog out jack from the Connect to one of the two mono power amps? Are both speakers faint? What is the volume setting on the amp being used when the Connect is in fixed mode?
I am wiring into the pre amp into the aux input from the Sonos out. The pre amp is then connected to the main amplifier. iTunes works perfect in this setup. The volume on the pre amp has to be almost 100 percent to get a very low level audio sound
iTunes from which source device?
Badge +20
100% certain that you are using the OUT on the connect?
100% certain on the out from the connect. iTunes is set up on a MAC mini and runs digitally through the MCIntosh preamp - at 50% volume it run Most out of the room. I know it is not an issue with the Mac mini or the 2 channel amplifier.
If the cable used for the MAC mini to preamp will go into the digital output of the Connect - presumably the pre amp has a digital input - try pulling the cable from the MAC and inserting into the digital output of the Connect to see what happens then.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Agreed - keep cables consistent as much as possible.

1) Which outputs on the Connect are you using - analog or one of the digital outputs?
2) Do you have something else you can attach the Connect to in order to test?
Badge +20
Also try another analoge device such as a phone or tablets headphone out to the pre, just to eliminate any issue with the aux input on the pre.
Thanks have tried switching to digital cable which was running to tv. Same issue very low sound
Badge +20
If you have not done so alredy its best to log a support call with Sonos.