Answered

Sonos Connect - Creating Analog Room Setting in App

• 17 November 2019
  • 8 replies

How do I set up a Room in Sonos iPhone App to recognize the speakers receiving signal from Analog output sourced from my Sonos Connect, so that I can separately control my volumes /on and off settings through the Sonos App on my I phone?

I recently reconfigured my network router and lost my prior established Room settings in Sonos iPhone App, where I had set up a room in Sonos Connect to play and control volumes through Analog outputs connected to the back of Sonos Connect via RCA cables and into a radio receivers tape input to play through Polk ceiling speakers. I currently have a Sonos Beam and Sonos portable speaker elsewhere connected to my network with separate rooms designated as TV Room, and Bedroom, respectively. It worked before but I can’t remember how the ceiling speakers were configured.  Were they treated as part of surround sound or separately designated room? I can’t recall.  Thanks in advance for your input.

icon

Best answer by Sundog714 27 November 2019, 00:35

Good news!  Sonos Technical support helped to identify a missing room from my original configuration.  So I’ve reestablished the connection to my ceiling speakers through my Analog Out - Sonos Connect device and into my Yamaha Amplifier.  All ceiling speakers connected to my Yamaha Amp are now controllable through a separate room with unique volume controls.  Anything is possible!

One trick for others who might be experiencing similar broken room connection issues as I did is to first, power off the system by unplugging Sonos Connect but before turning back on, hardwire one of the Sonos wireless speakers with an Ethernet cable direct from the router. This helps the system to recreate the web network and will also reset the phone application.  You’ll have to let it go through the application update process.  If that doesn’t work, try calling technical support.  They were able to see my configuration remotely and help diagnose status in a realtime fashion.

Once it was all connected, I got my missing “room” and ceiling speakers back online.  I then unplugged the ethernet from my remote speaker and all Sonos speakers are operating wirelessly along with ceiling speakers.

Kudos to Sonos Technical Support!   Thank you all for your efforts.

Vince

View original

8 replies

You perhaps want to configure Line-In Autoplay.

See https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080

Hi Ratty,

No, this is a “Line-Out” issue not a “Line-in Autoplay” issue.  How do I establish a “Room” to control the Line-Out volumes using the Sonos I-phone App.  Can the Line out be named and controlled like other rooms/devices using the application so I can seperately adjust volumes for in ceiling Polk (3rd Party non wireless) speakers connected to my stereo.  I was able to do this in the past but can’t recall how to set it up.   

Thanks

The Line-Out room is the Connect itself. All the Connect’s outputs operate in parallel. There’s no separate control for each output.

No, this is a “Line-Out” issue not a “Line-in Autoplay” issue.  How do I establish a “Room” to control the Line-Out volumes using the Sonos I-phone App.  Can the Line out be named and controlled like other rooms/devices using the application so I can seperately adjust volumes for in ceiling Polk (3rd Party non wireless) speakers connected to my stereo.  I was able to do this in the past but can’t recall how to set it up.   

Thanks

I think you cannot remember how to do this because it has never been possible. As @ratty says, the 'room' is the Connect itself.

Hi,

John B / Ratty - I previously had the ability to separately identify the speakers whose signal was sent from SONOS Analog Output into my Audio Receiver.  The previous Sonos version I set up before I changed routers allowed me to checkmark these speakers as if they were a separate room.  Just like any other room, their volumes were unique and could be controlled within the application.

Does anyone out there know how to seperately identify Analog Out from Sonos with a unique name to control speakers attached to an Audio Receiver?

Thanks,

Vince

Hi Vince. No, they don't.  It is whatever the Connect is called. You want to control the volume of what is attached to the Connect? Change the volume on the Connect.  Unless you are thinking about fixed vs variable output?

Good news!  Sonos Technical support helped to identify a missing room from my original configuration.  So I’ve reestablished the connection to my ceiling speakers through my Analog Out - Sonos Connect device and into my Yamaha Amplifier.  All ceiling speakers connected to my Yamaha Amp are now controllable through a separate room with unique volume controls.  Anything is possible!

One trick for others who might be experiencing similar broken room connection issues as I did is to first, power off the system by unplugging Sonos Connect but before turning back on, hardwire one of the Sonos wireless speakers with an Ethernet cable direct from the router. This helps the system to recreate the web network and will also reset the phone application.  You’ll have to let it go through the application update process.  If that doesn’t work, try calling technical support.  They were able to see my configuration remotely and help diagnose status in a realtime fashion.

Once it was all connected, I got my missing “room” and ceiling speakers back online.  I then unplugged the ethernet from my remote speaker and all Sonos speakers are operating wirelessly along with ceiling speakers.

Kudos to Sonos Technical Support!   Thank you all for your efforts.

Vince

Thanks Vince for confirming what we said all along. The room was the Connect.