Answered

Sonos Connect and Sonos One

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies
Hello, I am a future sonos user, but before I need help with a doubt. I explain my purpose.

I have a home cinema. I want to connect a TV to the Connect (in), connect the home cinema to the Connect (out). Here ok, but if I add a Sonos one for example, the sound works at the same time, over home cinema and sonos one??

If if it works will be my best solution to begin in the sonos world.

Thank you for your help!!

Oscar.
icon

Best answer by Legnum Nick 7 July 2019, 21:29

Assuming your "Home Cinema" is a surround receiver and speakers, then the better way is to wire a Connect directly to inputs and outputs on your receiver. This avoids the Sonos delay when watching films, but adds the TV sound to the Sonos system and allows your receiver to play music from Sonos too.
View original

4 replies

What is a home cinema?

Note, the CONNECT is a stereo device, so the input and ouput would only be stereo.

In your question, the TV is sending a signal to the CONNECT, so that is when the 70ms processing delay would occur. Anything “playing” the signal, whether it is attached Sonos speakers, or the line out would all be in sync with each other, assuming the device attached to the line out doesn’t add its own processing delay.

Many people have difficulty with lip-sync in this kind of situation, where the audio appears to lag behind the video. This is one of the reasons Sonos does not market or suggest the CONNECT as a home theater device, and instead created the PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, and Beam, all of which have substantially less processing delays, and can handle either stereo or Dolby Digital signals.
Hi Bruce, a lot of thanks for this great explanation, Now I know better how it works!

Thank you!
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Assuming your "Home Cinema" is a surround receiver and speakers, then the better way is to wire a Connect directly to inputs and outputs on your receiver. This avoids the Sonos delay when watching films, but adds the TV sound to the Sonos system and allows your receiver to play music from Sonos too.
Thanks Legnum!!! I study this solution!