Answered

Sonos Connect and Rotel Multichannel Amp

• 16 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
I just got and connect streamer, what would be the proper wiring from the sonos
connect to the Rotel using the orca jacks. Which one would it get plugged into the r/c/l or other input to power 4 outdoor polk atrium 4 speakers any help would be appreciated
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 December 2018, 04:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Analog output on the CONNECT would go to the input on the Rotel. Not sure what r/c/l is, unless it means Right, Center, Left, in which you've got an issue, as the CONNECT is a stereo device, and doesn't send a 5.1 signal. So, you'd want to connect those RCA (orca?) plugs to the Rotel's Right and Left inputs. If you have any other Sonos devices, you could take a line level output from the Rotel and connect it to the analog input on the CONNECT, with the recognition that there would be at least a 70ms delay between the Rotel's speakers and your Sonos speakers...the delay caused by the Sonos buffering to synchronize across all Sonos speakers.
Badge +1
sorry fat fingers on iPhone lol, would the delay disappear if I used my rotel intergrated amp and used the cd input with the connect to power the speakers
The delay I'm speaking of would be on anything that you ran to the input of the CONNECT. Wouldn't affect anything coming out of it. So, if you were playing something from a turntable connected to the Rotel, and it was on the Rotel's speakers, it would be delayed on the Sonos speakers.

Yes, most people use CD input and output connections to connect their CONNECT to an amplifier.
Badge +1
ok thank you I would hate the delay going to look at connect amp for the outdoor speakers have 2 pair of small 8hms speakers from Polk Audio so I think one connect amp would work, thank again