Answered

Sonos Connect

• 11 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Sonos Connect not showing on network after being powered down for two weeks. No green light shows on power up. Factory re-set doesn't work. I am also able to ping the unit from the router, which has been re-booted. I have also hard wired the Connect to my router, but with no success. Anyone have any ideas.
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 November 2018, 14:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You could try setting it up as a stand-alone device first, in a new Sonos household, perhaps? This has worked for me in the past, where some stubborn devices fail to get an online update. Obviously, I cannot guarantee it will work, but it maybe worth a try...

Switch off ALL your Sonos speakers and devices (very important step).

Next reboot your router, removing all cabled (Sonos & Non-Sonos) LAN devices and then cable just your 'Connect' to it and factory reset the 'Connect' again, but this time, try to set it up as a brand new standalone device on a new Sonos household. If it works, it will get any required updates during the new setup. When finished power off the ‘Connect' and uncable it from the router and set is aside for now.

Now go back to re-setting up your old sonos household, by first reconnecting any wired sonos device back to the router first (Boost/Bridge etc.) and powering that on first and then powering on each speaker one at a time. Make sure you connect your sonos controller App back to this old existing household, before proceeding any further. Whatever you do, do not create a new household at this point, otherwise you will overwrite your old system settings.

Leave your 'connect' until last... now factory reset it once again, there should not be a need to cable it to the router this time around ...and now simply add it back to your existing sonos household from within the Sonos App using the 'add player or sub' feature.

If that then fails, it’s probably time to then make contact with customer care...

Contact Sonos Customer Care/Twitter (24/7) etc.

Make sure you follow the factory reset procedure to the letter:

Factory resetting a Sonos product

Hope you get it working?
Hi Ken, Thanks for answering. Tried this today, but no joy. The Connect doesn't factory re-set and just gives an intermittent white light occasionally. I'll get in touch with Sonos.
Hi Ken, Thanks for answering. Tried this today, but no joy. The Connect doesn't factory re-set and just gives an intermittent white light occasionally. I'll get in touch with Sonos.Oh sorry to hear it didn’t work. Hope the Sonos Customer Care Staff are able to sort it for you. ?
Thanks Ken, In conversation with them now.