Sonos / Channels / two gen 5 speakers won't connect


I've had continuing issues with my Sonos System.

1. Buffering issues. I've changed wireless channels on my router to 1, 6, 11. Streaming NPR keeps cutting out.
2. I received a new Gen 5 due to a warranty issue. I finally got it into the system yesterday. Now both Play 5's are not working. Both have white solid lights. They are paired with one another and named "lounge". They are not listed in the desktop controller or my iphone. Pressing the button on the back does not re-attach them. Diagnostic 158877854.
3. I could not see where to create a ticket. It shouldn't be this difficult.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi chapmanscottr,

Sorry you have been waiting 3 days for a reply. I'm not Sonos Tech support...just a user like you. Here are some suggestions that may help. Cheers!


chapmanscottr wrote:

1. Buffering issues. I've changed wireless channels on my router to 1, 6, 11. Streaming NPR keeps cutting out.



Try setting the Audio to Compressed. Also, you want to change the channels on your router to something other than 1, 6 or 11. Those are the channels used by Sonos.

chapmanscottr wrote:

2. I received a new Gen 5 due to a warranty issue. I finally got it into the system yesterday. Now both Play 5's are not working. Both have white solid lights. They are paired with one another and named "lounge". They are not listed in the desktop controller or my iphone. Pressing the button on the back does not re-attach them.[/b]


Follow the steps below. If no success submit another diagnostic (as the former will no longer be valid) and post reference ID in this forum.



chapmanscottr wrote:

3. I could not see where to create a ticket. It shouldn't be this difficult.


When you submitted the diagnostic and posted the reference ID in this forum...you essentially created a ticket. For a faster response you should call Sonos Tech support or use Twitter. Be sure to mention your diagnostic reference ID.

Reply

    • :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

    Cookie policy

    We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

    Accept cookies Cookie settings