Sonos Beam and Bluetooth Headphones

• 18 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
I have some funny shift patterns so it means I can end up watching TV when the rest of my family is in bed, rather than have to use the TV/Beam I thought it would be best to grab a set of good bluetooth headphones for such occasions.

It seems with the Beam being 'always on' my TV always reverts back to receiver (Beam) after selcting the headphone connection....the only way I can use my headphones is if I unplug the HDMI ARC connection which isnt ideal.

My TV is a Samsung NU7400..not sure if its a Sonos thing or a Samsung thing. I think an option to sleep the Beam or turn it off somehow would resolve the issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Get a Bluetooth transmitter which takes an optical input. That way you could benefit from aptX Low Latency as well as avoiding the wrestling match between the Beam and your TV.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Thanks, I'll take a look for one....any recommendations?
Thanks, I'll take a look for one....any recommendations?
Currently I'm using an Avantree Audikast, which works well. It's not the cheapest but Avantree are a solid brand. I've found that cheaper alternatives were a false economy, yielding pairing issues and/or failures to negotiate the optimum codec.