Question

sonos beam

• 14 October 2019
  • 3 replies

When I ask Alexa on my Sonos beam to play music it acknowledges says its playing music from amazon then nothing any help please

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Willyou,

has it always been like this?

if it has, then it is possibly due to the Alexa App and default speaker setting. In the Alexa App go to Devices, then the Room that has the Beam and set “Preferred Speaker” to the Beam name.

if it has just started misbehaving you may need to Reconnect the sonos app with Amazon music.

to do this in the Sonos app go to “Settings” > “Services”> “Amazon Music”…. then “reauthenticate “

this has happened to me a couple of times with various services over the year… reauthentication has always fixed it

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Also worth checking this link if it happens as maybe there was a service issue…

Sonos Service Status

I have the same issue here. 

While the TV is on, if I ask Alexa to play music it responds to confirm the command and the TV audio mutes but no music plays. 

If I then go to the Sonos app I can see the music playing and if I pause and resume the music from the Sonos app the music plays as expected.

Also, if I start to play music from the Amazon music app and select the Sonos beam as the output device it works as expected.

Any ideas?