Answered

Sonos as a Output for my Apple MacBook using SonosAir.

• 8 September 2018
  • 3 replies

My Play:1 is connected Via Ethernet to my laptop via firewire. I use SonoAir to be able to use it as an output for my MAC, allowing me to use it for youtube, etc. I make music and i have been able to make it work as an output in logic pro x audio settings. But there is that delay of some seconds which is annoying but i work around it. The quality is amazing for this speaker and a good innovation, Make it better by fixing this issue for all play:1 owners. And all future Sonos products. IM looking for a better way to get no delay to keep making good music. Im aware of buying an amp, which i will just not this second. what if...
icon

Best answer by TripleOptics 8 September 2018, 18:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Is this not why Sonos added Airplay 2? Admittedly you would have to get yourself a Sonos One instead of a Play:1 (or as well as).

Playing all audio rather than music files is NOT a matter of knocking up a few lines of code.
Is this not why Sonos added Airplay 2? Admittedly you would have to get yourself a Sonos One instead of a Play:1 (or as well as).

Playing all audio rather than music files is NOT a matter of knocking up a few lines of code.
Okay so if I buy a sonos one I’d be able to do what I do without the delay? Is what your saying