Answered

Sonos Arc - Best Buy backorder

• 7 September 2020
  • 20 replies

Has anyone ordered the Arc from Best Buy? I ordered mine on August 13, and still no info on when this will be delivered. Best Buy customer service unable to get any info.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 September 2020, 18:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

I ordered a Black Arc on 8/21 at BB. Without any ETA or warning I got a Ready to pick up email on 9/4. I was told it was the only one that came to the store. None are in stock in the area and now it shows sold out vs “coming soon”. Guess I got lucky. 

On Sep 2nd I order the Arc and (2) One speakers (Gen 2).  I was able to pick up the Sub on day of purchase.

Both One speakers arrived on Sep 10th

Still waiting on shipping date for the Arc (as of Sep 17th)

I’ll update when I get the shipping notification for the Arc from Bestbuy.

I ordered the Arc on September 3 at Best Buy, having it shipped to me. Tomorrow will be three weeks and I have heard nothing.

You may get a better resolution if you were to contact someone at Best Buy. They don’t maintain a presence in the Sonos boards, and I’m pretty sure Sonos has no control over Best Buy. 

You may get a better resolution if you were to contact someone at Best Buy. They don’t maintain a presence in the Sonos boards, and I’m pretty sure Sonos has no control over Best Buy. 

It’s less about getting an answer from Sonos/Best Buy and more about getting reference points from other users.  That’s what brought me here from Google.  I purchased an Arc from BB on 9/13 and nothing.  BB customer service can’t tell us anything (as the original poster indicated).  Seeing these posts on here lets me know I’m likely going to be waiting a LONG time. 

I think what’s frustrating people is that instead of moving to “Sold Out” like BB normally does, they are still taking orders with absolutely zero indication of timing.  Only messaging is “Getting more soon,” yet no one at BB can define “soon.”   

I was responding more to press045’s post than any previous one. I get what the intent of the thread, but it sounded like there was a desire for a better response than just ‘me too’. I certainly want everyone to get their equipment as quickly as it is ordered, and just want to be sure that their getting assistance from those who are best able to help them. 

I was responding more to press045’s post than any previous one. I get what the intent of the thread, but it sounded like there was a desire for a better response than just ‘me too’. I certainly want everyone to get their equipment as quickly as it is ordered, and just want to be sure that their getting assistance from those who are best able to help them. 

Gotcha!

Yeah, sorry. I was just sharing, wondering if anyone has gotten any more feedback from Best Buy. I asked if they can ballpark based on when orders are shipping for others...no response yet. 

I ordered mine on September 11th, chatted yesterday and got no info. Today it shipped with scheduled deliver next Friday from California.

That’s promising as I ordered mine two days later on the 13th!

I original had it set for shipping. Then I switched to store pickup. Now I’m debating if shipping would be faster…

Thanks for the update!

I ordered mine on bestbuy.com on August 31st… still just saids “

We'll let you know when it ships.

Getting it Ready

said that since I ordered.

Employee in store told me it would be faster to ship as he thinks they’ll fill online orders first and there hasn’t been any in the store, but idk. 

Crazy that Sonos.com is showing end of Oct now.

As a follow-up, yesterday I switched mine back to shipping instead of store pickup.  Just now I went in and all the options to edit my order are now greyed out and there is a “Why Can’t I Make Changes” link.  So presumably mine is close to shipping.  As a recap:

• Ordered 9/13 for shipping
  • Changed to in-store pickup on 9/19
  • Changed back to shipping on 9/25
  • This morning, 9/26, the order is no longer edit-able.

I’ll provide a further update when it ships.

Mine too is greyed out and there is a “Why Can’t I Make Changes” link as of this morning. 

Ordered on Aug 31st

As a follow-up, yesterday I switched mine back to shipping instead of store pickup.  Just now I went in and all the options to edit my order are now greyed out and there is a “Why Can’t I Make Changes” link.  So presumably mine is close to shipping.  As a recap:

I would think shipping direct versus in store pick up would be faster because the items doesn’t bounce around through their distribution process.  

Received a shipping email from Best Buy today, 9/27.

I ordered the Arc on September 3 at Best Buy, having it shipped to me. Tomorrow will be three weeks and I have heard nothing.

Just wanted to update. My Arc shipped last night. So, it took about 3.5 weeks. Thanks!

On Sep 2nd I order the Arc and (2) One speakers (Gen 2).  I was able to pick up the Sub on day of purchase.

I received an update on this today - the Arc is in transit and will arrive on (10/1) - Item was order from BestBuy on (9/2)

I received an update on this today - the Arc is in transit and will arrive on (10/1) - Item was order from BestBuy on (9/2)

I guess I should have ordered mine from Best Buy.  I bought it directly from Sonos.  Ordered on August 24th and it still hasn’t shipped as of 9/30.  Sales support could offer no information about when it will ship.

Badge

I guess I should have ordered mine from Best Buy.  I bought it directly from Sonos.  Ordered on August 24th and it still hasn’t shipped as of 9/30.  Sales support could offer no information about when it will ship.

I am on same boat ordered Arc from direct website have heard nothing. Last time I checked they told me 30th October to be earliest. 

I ordered mine from Best Buy, in store, on the 26th of September, received it on the 13th of October. I’m out in Silverdale, WA. They had one guy, at the main customer service desk, placing ALL orders for the Arc. GREAT store BB.

Just waiting for the mounting kit to be in stock now.