Answered

Sonos Arc and LG OLED

• 8 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Recently, when I look at what sound is output on the SONOS App I always see “TV” even if there is a DD source.  

I checked the TV setup and it is still on HDMI Arc/external sound.   

Am I remembering wrong….did it always just say TV?

How can I tell if the Sonos is getting a surround signal?

I have Sonos ARC with sub + ones for surround and a LG OLED 2017 TV

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 January 2021, 14:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

If you goto "Settings/System/About My System” and find the Arc in the device list, you will see an Audio In entry, next to which the type of audio being received by the Arc is shown

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks!!!   I found it - I was looking in the wrong place.  

Wow...that info was really buried in an out of the way place.   Why did they not put it on the Room display - Like Atmos sources are?

Userlevel 7

This is something that many users have requested from them. Hopefully they will add it some day. 

Thanks!!!   I found it - I was looking in the wrong place.  

Wow...that info was really buried in an out of the way place.   Why did they not put it on the Room display - Like Atmos sources are?

I agree, adding the playing audio format to the ‘Now Playing’ screen would be a nice feature.
I’ve seen it asked for previously in threads here for both music and TV audio formats.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I agree, adding the playing audio format to the ‘Now Playing’ screen would be a nice feature.
I’ve see it asked for previously in threads here for both music and TV audio formats.

Third party apps have done this for years, because duh its so obvious.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

By the way, I was getting the formats I should get.   Dolby Digital 5.1 and Atmos.   But only Atmos shows on the Room display.   Otherwise it just says “TV”

By the way, I was getting the formats I should get.   Dolby Digital 5.1 and Atmos.   But only Atmos shows on the Room display.   Otherwise it just says “TV”

Yes it only shows Atmos - I (and others) were hoping they would extend the display to show all formats,  music and TV.