Answered

sonos cutting out - also On my iPhone missing

• Contributor I
  • 8 replies
My sonos keeps cutting in and out?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 August 2019, 18:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Without more information, it will be hard to help you.
Ok I unplug power and Ethernet cable and waited 5 min and it’s back to working.

my other issue is my phone is not showing up on sonos app to play music on sonos speaker
My iPhone is not showing up on my sonos app?
how do I reconnect?
May I suggest that you peruse the main thread on this, which offers, and discusses many options, ranging from free to not?

Edit: Fixed my link.....
Can you provide the iPhone....that link is for adding music services to sonos....I need directions on how to get iPhone connected to sonos app
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
That thread contains the information you need.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
.I need directions on how to get iPhone connected to sonos app

The iPhone runs the app. It doesn’t connect to it.
ok I see sonos removed the ability to play music from phone....they say to go to control center and select icon but sonos is not showing as a speaker to select....how do I get sonos added?
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
ok I see sonos removed the ability to play music from phone....they say to go to control center and select icon but sonos is not showing as a speaker to select....how do I get sonos added?

What “sonos” added to what?
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
You have a Beam. Why not use AirPlay, like is suggested in the thread you were referred to and have read?
I have the sonos playbar which seems like it is not compatible with air play.....
Suggestions?
If you read the thread I linked, there are multiple suggestions on how to get the content currently on your iPhone to play on your Sonos devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
I have the sonos playbar which seems like it is not compatible with air play.....

And yet your profile lists a Beam.
The profile is incorrect as I have a playbar....if it was s bean I would not have had to reach out to sonos for direction on how to connect.
As I read back through the thread....all I can say is wow.....the tone and support from sonos was priceless.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Firstly, we are not Sonos support. This is a user community.

Secondly, we can only offer suggestions based upon information given and our own experiences and knowledge.

Thirdly, a request for help which only says “My Sonos keeps cutting in and out” and a profile listing the wrong equipment is not helpful to anyone, including you.

Finally: if you do need more help, do please reply and we will try to help you.

Or or you could call Sonos support directly. Contact details for country/region are given.
Here I thought I was giving credit for your diligence in working through the question but instead....oh well just keep doing your great work in support of the Sonos community.
Badge +1

Before you try to fix the wireless issue, try the wired, closed network if you can. All you need to do is simply wiring any of your Sonos products to your router, and your system will switch over automatically. You will need to keep one of your Sonos products wired to your router permanently in this configuration. Your easiest solution to wireless issues may be to switch to the wired network!