Question

sonos 2 and cd player.

• 27 October 2020
  • 6 replies

I am updated to Sonos and have an extensive Sonos network— I want to add N external CD player—what equipment do I need?

someone told me that to do this I needed Sonos to be on a separate network from my wireless network

that doesn’t make sense to me 

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I am updated to Sonos and have an extensive Sonos network— I want to add N external CD player—what equipment do I need?

someone told me that to do this I needed Sonos to be on a separate network from my wireless network

that doesn’t make sense to me 

thanks

That's good because it doesn't make any sense. You need a Sonos product with a line-in.  What products do you currently own?

Sonos 2 all compatible 

4 or 5 play 5

4 play 1

move

playbar and woofer

Sonos connect (I use it for the Pro-Ject turntable which I am unhappy with)

Then you can use the line in on any of your Play:5s. You just need a suitable cable.

What is the suitable cable is it an RCA and when I set up the CD player on line in on the play:5 Will the CD play through all selected rooms

in other words I don’t need to use a connect or an amp (which is other advice I’ve gotten

Jeez, whoever is advising you it's time to fire them. :)

If it is RCA out of the CD player then you need an RCA to 3.5mm stereo jack cable.

All lines in on Sonos can be chosen as the source for any device in the system. 

If you felt like it you could play a CD through your Connect at the same as you play vinyl through another speaker in your system.

Great

thanks so much!