Answered

Sonons One / Beam has an echo when connected to TV

• 1 November 2018
  • 4 replies

i have recently purchased a Sonos Beam and a single Sons One Speaker.
I have connected both Speakers, but when i group the Sonos One (i only have the one speaker) with the Beam to enjoy TV sound, there is a distinct echo from the speakers - almost as if the Sonos One is slightly delayed.
How do I balance the speakers to get a rich sound, I plan to (when i am able) to buy a second Sonos One, but in the interim I was hoping you could advise how I best balance the TV sound with the Beam and my single Sonos One?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 1 November 2018, 14:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

When grouped, the system uses the 2.4 GHz Wireless band, which is more prone to latency, hence the lag with TV sources. You can adjust the timing in the settings under the Room Settings for the Beam (Advanced Audio > TV Dialog Settings, Audio Delay), but that may cause some lip sync issues with the video. When you do get another One and set them up as surrounds, there will be no lag because surrounds use low latency 5 GHz.
Ok, I bought a second Sonos ONe and connected surround to my Beam ... I now only have one "room" i.e. TV. If I want to use the Ones for music do I need to disconnect as a Surround or what do I do ... ?
If you look in the setting for your room, you'll see you have the option to play 'full stereo' when playing music source (not from the tv). I don't remember the exact navigation, but it's not difficult to find.
Heh, We have differing definitions of difficult. :)

And I'm also working from memory, but if I recall correctly, it's under the room settings, advanced settings, surround settings, I may have missed a "page" in there.