Question

Songs Skips -

Songs skip before reaching end. I've about had enough of this, and would have thought Sonos could amend this issue by now. Or if they have would have clearly communicated this by now. Yes... I know how to change the channels and have done that. Plugging my 3 or 5 into is not possible. Please resolve.

9 replies

Sonos staff do visit this forum but Facebook & Twitter might get you a quicker response. Your issue is not widespread otherwise this forum would be flooded with similar posts, once you have submitted a diagnosis and told Sonos the diagnosis number they will be able to help.

For the record I have only ever experience skipping when I have a network issue, totally unrelated to Sonos but has an impact on playback. I am sure many other users will confim how stable their Sonos systems are.
Thanks, but that's not helpful. I don't do Facebook and I don't do Twitter. And, according the Sonos, you can't submit diagnostics until they are requested from you regarding a support request that may have been submitted. And, while this forum may not be "flooded", there are a number of posts regarding skipping. Thanks for your help anyway.
Hi, for what it's worth, I am having the same problems and am going through Twitter but don't have hours to sit around dealing with this. It is annoying to say the least.
I'm having tr same issues also. Network is fine.
I am having the same problems. I also have reported problem. All I get back is if we have not heard from you in the next 48hours we will assume all is well. What a uwaste of time.
Badge +1
avimia wrote:

Songs skip before reaching end. I've about had enough of this, and would have thought Sonos could amend this issue by now. Or if they have would have clearly communicated this by now. Yes... I know how to change the channels and have done that. Plugging my 3 or 5 into is not possible. Please resolve.

Hey Avima, thanks for reaching out. We can happily assist here if you could submit a Diagnostic and reply here with the number. I'd also in the mean time recommend taking a look over these two articles on 'Reducing wireless interference' - https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3650 and 'Audio playback stops or skips' - https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/309. Both of which offer some great troubleshooting.
If you're not sure how to submit a diagnostic, here's the link on that:

submit a system diagnostic,
Same issue here. Got a boost to solve it but even with boost the songs are skipping when playing from a playlist on iphone. I've only had sonos for a couple of weeks and this is frustrating after investing a lot of money in sonos for my business. submitted diagnostics 7884795
Same issue. Skipping most songs after about 3mins on a Sonos 5. No other Sonos connected. No boost, just wifi, which I've checked is working fine. Not streaming, just playing from tunes on iPhone music. Set up the speaker yesterday. Submitted diagnostics 8182265

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)