Question

SMBv2.02

• 24 August 2020
  • 4 replies

It appears I need the SMBv2.02 to allow my SONOS to find the music that is on the now Labeled “W” drive. When I try to add a path to the  folder, SONOS does not accept it.

4 replies

SMB v1. Sonos has not yet updated their kernel so that higher versions (more secure) can be used. We are all hoping that comes soon, but so far, they’ve been focused on making S2 work the same way as S1. Other than the three new speaker definitions, there’s no significant difference...yet. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

It appears I need the SMBv2.02 to allow my SONOS to find the music that is on the now Labeled “W” drive. When I try to add a path to the  folder, SONOS does not accept it.

We are at Sonos' mercy and they don't appear to see this as a priority. They might never fix this as they haven't committed to it afaik. 

So on roughly Friday, when I tried to upgrade SONOS from 1 to 2, but found out I had a speaker not supported by SONOS-2, I must have installed an upgrade that no longer allows SONOS to access the “W” drive, which is what MYCLOUD MIRROR

Oops! As I was saying,  I must have installed an upgrade that no longer allows SONOS to access the “W” drive, which is what MYCLOUD MIRROR external hard drive is referred to. So how do I fix my problem?

I will call SONOS.  Thanks.