Answered

Shutting off Play:5 and Sub while on business trips?

• 28 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi folks,

I have a pal who has the same system as me...2 Play 5 Gen2’s and the Sub.

He is about to embark on fairly regular business trips(lasting about a week each time).

I am asking this in his name…...Since he feels more comfortable not having his system plugged in while he’s away,can he “safely” shut it off(pulling the plugs,obviously) for say a week at a time and then safely re-plug everything in.

Basically,if the system has been in a plugged in mode,with all components on for a while,does turning it off occasionally have a negative side effect,is his concern.I myself don’t know either.

Greatly appreciate “thoughtful” feedback.

Much thanks

icon

Best answer by Kumar 28 October 2020, 08:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There may be a small reduction in service life, but that may well be offset by savings in electricity costs for such extended absences. No other issue to worry about.

For such absences, I turn off more than just Sonos - all devices except refrigerators are turned off via the switch at the electrical socket - to prevent any possible hazard.

For longer durations, the refrigerators also go off.