Shipping Delays

• 11 January 2022
  • 33 replies

Has anyone received their order placed on/around Boxing Day? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Not Boxing day, but I ordered the day after US Thanksgiving (Nov 26).  My order was 2 One SL in white and an Arc/Sub set.  The Ones arrived  Dec 17 and the Arc/Sub took till Dec 31.  So depending on what you’ve ordered it could be over a month till you receive it. 

I suspect it also has to do with which particular product. Given the chip shortage, and international shipping delays, it’s hard to think that any single shipment to a Sonos warehouse contains a full set of types of product. I could easily see the receipt of several types, but the lack of receipt of others.

I, too, am waiting on product, ordered before Christmas. They’ve put a “supposed to be shipped by”, but my confidence level is medium, not high. It’ll be nice when I get the email they promise, when it does ship, but it’s hard to expect much, since there’s only so much control over chip shortages, international shipping and weather issues  that Sonos has. I expect that they want the money as soon as possible, since they’re a for profit company, so I wouldn’t expect them to delay actually shipping my device. 

They’ve put a “supposed to be shipped by”, but my confidence level is medium, not high. It’ll be nice when I get the email they promise, when it does ship, but it’s hard to expect much, since there’s only so much control over chip shortages, international shipping and weather issues  that Sonos has. I expect that they want the money as soon as possible, since they’re a for profit company, so I wouldn’t expect them to delay actually shipping my device. 

My assumption was that “supposed to be shipped by” date is when the warehouse is expecting the next shipment to come in off the boat.    I would also guess that the date takes the current delays in to account, with not a ton of accuracy.  So yea, medium confidence sounds right.

If my assumptions are correct, I’m picturing a flurry of activity whenever the warehouse gets a new shipment, in order to get those backorders out the door as soon as possible. 

My actual shipping date was 2 weeks early for my Ones, and my Arc/Sub arrived at my door on the expected ship date.

West coast USA. Ordered arc 11/24/21. Original shipment date estimated 12/31/21. Got an email 1/3/22 saying there will be further delays. Heard nothing yet.

Website currently says estimated ship by 1/21/22 if I placed the order today, so I better be high in the line for whatever forecasted inventory they are using for that. Don’t blame the issues on Sonos but they need to be more realistic with their estimates.

Yea, west coast as well. Unfortunately, I think that Sonos is at the mercy of shipping companies. I suspect they’re being as honest as they can, given the information they’re receiving. I don’t think they’re intentionally snowing us...but if the shipping company doesn’t deliver to them when originally forecast, they’re up the proverbial creek. Life was easier when there was the opportunity to keep a certain amount of stock in inventory, I’d think. 

I had a next day air shipment disappear in the bowels of a shipping company for four days. The shipping company acknowledged that they had the package on day one, but could not locate it.

Sounds a lot like my luggage, when I take a flight. I know I checked it in, just not where it goes/ends up. Until days later.

Badge

West coast USA. Ordered arc 11/24/21. Original shipment date estimated 12/31/21. Got an email 1/3/22 saying there will be further delays. Heard nothing yet.

Website currently says estimated ship by 1/21/22 if I placed the order today, so I better be high in the line for whatever forecasted inventory they are using for that. Don’t blame the issues on Sonos but they need to be more realistic with their estimates.

Lordy… I placed my order on 01/06/22 for the Sonos Theater Immersive set (2 x One SL, 1 x Gen 3 Sub, 1 x Sonos Arc) with an estimated ship date of 01/21/22 for the Arc and Sub, and 01/14/22 for the One SL’s. I did receive an email today stating the One SL’s have been further delayed, no other details given.

Now I’m worried I may be delayed by more than a month on the circumstances that you have been waiting for product since November. Best Buy stated they could deliver the Sonos Theater Immersive Set by 01/24/22, I am curious who would actually deliver first. I’ll be sticking with my order with Sonos, since they support and provide Medical, First Responder, and Military discounts of 15% to their customers, but my need of being satisfied by instant gratification purchases is not being met lol. 

I, too, received that email. I’m sanguine about it. I suspect that Sonos has very little control over the various issues that are increasing the delay. I suppose you could argue that they could have been prescient, and ordered a bunch of stock of chips before the international chip shortage, and spent money on storing product in warehouses in preparation for the shipping issue. But a stockholder would likely not look at that very favorably, tying up capital in the expectation of future unknown events. 

But yea, I’ll admit that my “I want it now!” gene is screaming at me :)

The reports of widespread pillaging at the LA rail yards probably doesn't help.  The story goes that if a train car is loaded and left overnight, it's empty in the morning.

Wow, hadn’t heard about that. Scary. 

It's so bad, the UPS and FedEx boxes are covering the tracks, and the trains have to slow down because of the debris.

Badge

It's so bad, the UPS and FedEx boxes are covering the tracks, and the trains have to slow down because of the debris.

I am mind blown… I thought perhaps it was an exaggeration, but it’s not. Estimated 90 carts are compromised a day. I am mind blown.

Is this still the USA….

Think of the insurance cost that’s covering that sort of thing. Mind blowing.

You’d think the shipping (train) company could provide some additional security. Astonishing to read the stories in the LA times. Crime up 160%!

On the plus side, none of the photos I’ve seen include any Sonos boxes :)

But I’d imagine the shipping company has to cover the cost of loss while packages are in their control. Doesn’t help the companies any, like REI (as called out in one article). But sad, nonetheless.

It's insanity.  The LA cops and Union Pacific police (they have their own police force) catch the offenders, but the DA's office won't charge them due to new reforms and they go right back out and do it again.

Ordered 12/20/21 expected delivery 1/7/22. Nothing yet. This for the 4 pieces set with Arc in white.

One reason why I don’t shop on sites such as eBay.

I am mind blown… I thought perhaps it was an exaggeration, but it’s not. Estimated 90 carts are compromised a day. I am mind blown.

Is this still the USA….

That’s scary and wow at the same time… 

I honestly wasn’t aware that Fedex and UPS used rail at all.  I guess I assumed they used trucks and planes only.  Rail seems more appropriate for moving large quantities of goods from the dock to a warehouse, when the warehouse is a couple states away.  

Is this still the USA….

I’m not really surprised, considering we’ve had almost two years of anti-policing rhetoric in the media and politics.  Of course people will misbehave when there is little or no consequences to criminal behavior.  They scary part is that the crime is getting organized too.

One reason why I don’t shop on sites such as eBay.

It’s fine for used or homemade goods, but definitely avoid sellers who happen to have a lot of new products in large quantities.

I honestly wasn’t aware that Fedex and UPS used rail at all.  I guess I assumed they used trucks and planes only.  Rail seems more appropriate for moving large quantities of goods from the dock to a warehouse, when the warehouse is a couple states away.  

Rail is not great for overnight, but large quantities of fresh produce move promptly by rail.

Rail is not great for overnight, but large quantities of fresh produce move promptly by rail.

Exactly.  Large quantities from dock to warehouse.

Badge

Lordy… I placed my order on 01/06/22 for the Sonos Theater Immersive set (2 x One SL, 1 x Gen 3 Sub, 1 x Sonos Arc) with an estimated ship date of 01/21/22 for the Arc and Sub, and 01/14/22 for the One SL’s. I did receive an email today stating the One SL’s have been further delayed, no other details given.

Now I’m worried I may be delayed by more than a month on the circumstances that you have been waiting for product since November. Best Buy stated they could deliver the Sonos Theater Immersive Set by 01/24/22, I am curious who would actually deliver first. I’ll be sticking with my order with Sonos, since they support and provide Medical, First Responder, and Military discounts of 15% to their customers, but my need of being satisfied by instant gratification purchases is not being met lol. 

Update: I received confirmation today that my Sonos Arc Sound Bar and Gen 3 Sub has been shipped and be delivered tomorrow 21 JAN 22.

This makes me extremely ecstatic, originally Sonos had the sub and sound bar being shipped “no earlier” then 21 JAN 22, but now it’s being delivered that day.

the 2 x Sonos SL has a ship date of 14 JAN 22, they have not been shipped, nor has there been and update other then “backorder” on my account. 

My original date of purchase for the whole system was 06 JAN 22.

Update: I received confirmation today that my Sonos Arc Sound Bar and Gen 3 Sub has been shipped and be delivered tomorrow 21 JAN 22.

This makes me extremely ecstatic, originally Sonos had the sub and sound bar being shipped “no earlier” then 21 JAN 22, but now it’s being delivered that day.

the 2 x Sonos SL has a ship date of 14 JAN 22, they have not been shipped, nor has there been and update other then “backorder” on my account. 

My original date of purchase for the whole system was 06 JAN 22.

How is that yoy get your order before me? I ordered 12/20/21 for Immersion Set in White. I live in East Coast and ordered the white set with my 30%.