Question

Setting up speaker

• 9 December 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi

I am trying to set up speaker and the ‘Sonos’ WIFI doesn’t appear on my phone in the list of WIFI networks.  I’ve tried multiple times.  I’ve tried resetting the speaker...but maybe I should do that again.

If anyone can help me I’d be most grateful.  

I can’t connect it to the router.

Thanks
Sarah

8 replies

Temporarily wire the player to your router. Once the player is setup you can switch to WiFi.

Thanks.  I tried that but as soon as I disconnect the ethernet cable the speaker seems to forget that it knew about the wifi and can’t connect to it again.  Any other ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hook it back up to Ethernet, give it ten minutes, submit a diagnostic and contact Sonos support directly with the diag number. The Contact page has some 24x7 options.

Resetting is rarely a solution and often makes things worse or harder. Sonos suggests not doing it until you have contacted them.

Thanks.  I tried that but as soon as I disconnect the ethernet cable the speaker seems to forget that it knew about the wifi and can’t connect to it again.  Any other ideas?

Or perhaps try wiring it back to the router and when the speaker reappears in the Sonos App goto “Settings/System/Network/Wireless Setup” and carefully enter/re-enter your 2.4ghz WiFi credentials (WiFi Name and Password). They details are case sensitive, so ensure you enter them correctly. If you then leave it for a few moments and try disconnecting the speaker again, all being well, it should now run on your WiFi signal, that’s as long as you have not previously switched off the WiFi card in “Settings/System/[Speaker Name]/Products/[Type of device]”

Thanks Stanley - where do I find the diagnostic?  On the app?

system diagnostic

Great, thanks - done :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, @SarahS. Sorry to butt in, but unless we have the diagnostics confirmation number, we can’t view the report. Thanks in advance.