Answered

Setting up my sub?

• 14 October 2017
  • 7 replies

I've set up my sub and it is currently in the "living room" group with my playbar. When finishing the set up and doing the audio calibration the set up just stops and I can't find another audio re-calibrate button on the app. My sub isn't producing any vibrations or noise. Can anyone help?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 October 2017, 01:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
This is when you are trying to do TruePlay right? Is it asking you if you have a case? normally it will pause and this will pop-up.
Trueplay doesn’t come up as an option in my app.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Trueplay doesn’t come up as an option in my app.

Ahh I see, TruePlay is only available in supported Apple devices. How are you trying to calibrate the audio? Just our of curiosity
Well I have an iPhone and an Apple TV. Trueplay just doesn’t populate for me. As far as calibration goes I don’t have any options showing up in room settings so I don’t see a way to calibrate anything
Generally speaking, TruePlay wouldn’t show up if you had some sort of mismatch between the firmware on the speakers and the controller app’s version. Can you check in settings>about my Sonos system to be sure everything is on version 8?
So i have a playbar, sub, two play 1's and the only thing that is coming up on the about my sonos is the playbar with version 8.1
You should be able to scroll on that screen. It's supposed to list the SUB and PLAY:1s as well, and show you the firmware that's on each one. But it's a good first step to be on 8.1 for the app software version. When you look at the room name, does it show Playbar + (L+R) + SUB or something like that? I'm away from my system right now, so I can't check what it's supposed to say. But if it has any question marks in it, that's an issue, meaning that the Sonos system can't properly connect to one or more devices. It may have a partial connection, but you need the full thing so that everything shows up. Often just unplugging the device in question, waiting a minute, then plugging it back in can fix this, although not all the time. Post back if you have this, and it doesn't fix it.