Question

Saved queue - iPhone

• 21 November 2017
  • 13 replies

Hi
I created a queue using the music stored on my iPhone, clicked save and gave it a new name. Now where do I find it to play it again? Logical place was playlists on this phone but it’s not there. Help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Was this on the Sonos App? If so it will show on the home tab, although you may have to select the display all option at the end of the playlist.
Where is the home tab? I have My Sonos, Browse, Rooms, Search and More. My Sonos just has Songs (only 2 for some reason) and Stations.
Where is the home tab? I have My Sonos, Browse, Rooms, Search and More. My Sonos just has Songs (only 2 for some reason) and Stations.
It isn't possible to create playlists of songs stored on a mobile device, see here.
If all the songs were on your phone you may have missed the warning that you cannot save tracks from a mobile to a Sonos playlist and so the playlist was not created
You should be able to create a playlist in the phone's music app and then find it where you were originally looking
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
As above. Although you can create playlists containing songs on music services and local storage that may or may not be available or switched on, Sonos don't allow you to have a playlist that contains music from your device.
Personally don't see the issue and think a playlist should just skip tracks that it can't find just like it does now.
As for where they're found otherwise, since the last update, where you go to find playlists isn't at all obvious and i don't have it available atm to guide.
Mind you I always seem to choose the wrong option to go to when toggling either fade or shuffle because for some reason they're in separate places. 😞
Nope no warning. It shouldn’t let you save it! Thanks for the help
It only flashes up briefly. Try again it you don't believe me. Could be clearer though
Tried it twice. Def no message
Badge
As I can't 100% comment on this particular problem since I don't have any sonos products. It seems to make sense to me as to why it won't let you save songs from the music on my phone. I was planning on having a NAS to store my music on before I even considered getting a Sonos setup in my house, just because My Wife and I have a lot of CDs that we both may want to listen to. So, it will be a non-issue when it comes to this.

My thought is people are thinking the mobile device used to choose what is playing is the things that host it. When it would make more sense to think of the Sonos App as a controller, sort of like a remote control for the TV, it isn't designed to send the information to the TV, it is designed to point to where you want to source to come from, and I know, even when my cellphone is in the same room as my Wireless Router, it will occasionally drop Wi-Fi and connect to the Cell Phone Tower Connection
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
IT doesn't matter if it's the controller - if it also has the music on it (as many use it for), then it's also the source. You may need a better WiFi setup btw. Or, if you have Android, connect to Sonosnet.
Badge
Like I have stated I don't have the Sonos Products as of yet, just been reading a lot of the forum information. It makes sense to me how it is set up. Most of the time I don't have a problem with my Wi-Fi, only occasionally, and a lot of times it is because my Wi-Fi completely shuts down on my router for some reason.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
If you're having issues with the WiFi on your router then like I said, you really need to look into it before investing into Sonos and complaining you're getting dropouts.