Samsung tab A 10.1 "song no longer on device"

• 16 November 2020
  • 17 replies

Badge

using sonos 1 app for my play 5 first gen

Pandora and others work fine

Songs "on my device" were working fine from 128gb SD card

Removed SD card, added 5 more albums from PC, now tablet says "this song no longer on device".

Says same for new songs added and original songs I've played for weeks from same SD card.

Have Uninstalled, reinstalled app. Picture of albums and list of songs show. No play.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @beendone, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your songs on your device. I want to ask If after adding the new songs, Have you tried to do an Update on your Music Library? I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue and if the Music Library is updated. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Badge

Was going to look at that. Never an issue before. Upon further review: the tablet did an auto update about an hour before I tried to play same music, same app, same SD card. Basically when I turned it on to use, I just figured update a good idea. Certainly it knows what it's doing. Wireless is very strong , update was quick. Play 5 gen1 works fine now with streamed apps: pandora, etc. All worked previous night, last time used. I have removed/reinstalled sonos app and disabled auto update for tablet. It's a top brand, 128gb sd card but was going as far as to question EX32 format vs FAT32 or NTFS.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @beendone, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. I want to ask as well If the folder name where you have your songs are “Music” folder you can try to put it on the internal music folder and check if that will work. If that would work, then it may have something to do with the SD card formatting.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

Badge

This is a nightmare.

Duplicates now of each album. 

Tried to update music index saw nothing happen.

Tried to move all 4900+ songs to music file on device. Didn't see anything happen. 

Google player plays them all thru tablet.

Nothing at Sonos. 

Tapped the diagnostic, 1355253446.

Gonna take it to some shop and pay to have them arrange properly or just erase everything on tablet and start new. Shame, I've only had the tablet a couple of weeks and until a few nites ago everything was ok. 

What a mess.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @beendone, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system and Sorry to hear that the issue persists. Upon checking the diagnostic information. And no songs are showing on your Music library, and In this case, we’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may request for a screen share or remote access to your device controller to navigate and check for the Music library path and why it’s not showing on your Sonos App. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Yep. It continues to be a problem. 

My opportunity to call, be on that wifi, able to work the tablet is unfortunately evenings after work or weekends. 

I'll try as soon as I can.

Appreciate the effort. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @beendone, thanks for the update. Let us know how it goes after calling our phone support team. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

Badge

Called. Offices closed. Awesome.

I'm unable to take time off work to solve a speaker problem over the phone.

Guess this problem goes unsolved.

I'll be selling my 2 sonos speakers and getting something that works. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @beendone, thanks for the update and I apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. You may also try our chat support team so they can create a troubleshooting ticket for this issue and additional steps for this concern.

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

Badge

Chat window does not activate.

Tried it many times today.

There are many other speaker systems out there.

I'll find something that works so that I can move past this. 

I've already wasted a lot of time. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @beendone, thanks for the update. Sorry about what happened, Can you try choosing other location available for chat on that page?

Badge

Got some other speakers/app that aren't so finicky. 

Going to give these 2 play 5's to a friend and let him battle it out.

Wanted to try with phone tech service this morning so my friend wouldn't have any problems. Right.  Waited in phone queue for about 20 minutes, finally talked to a woman who was very nice for about 20 minutes, she had no answers beyond what this forum said, if that.  All of a sudden the line disconnected.

Perfect. Just awesome.

Another waste of time.

Many years ago I called tech support, about a week into owning these 2 play 5's. Answered phone right away, problem solved in 5 minutes.  Was great but somewhat expected from a product that is $$$. Sounds like profits are bigger with the new tech service provider. And it seems this problem cannot be solved. 

Amazing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @beendone, thanks for the update and I apologize for what happened. If you can provide us a case number ticket then we can check what possibly happened with the phone interaction. 

Badge

No number given.

Conversation/wait time 56 mins.

Today 11:16 am PST then click, all over. 

Badge

For so many years I had been a Sonos customer with a couple Play 5’s and never any issues.

Just recently I grabbed the S1 controller off Google for this new tablet and was not concerned.

Ignored the reviews. I did what!?

I have moved onto another company’s speakers but as I now struggle to get the P-O-S to work for someone I’ve given the Sonos speakers to, I wish I’d have looked into them.

Hundreds and hundreds of recent reviews with the same problem, currently, and topping the list.

Hundreds and hundreds of recent reviews with the same problem, currently, and topping the list.

Badge

They updated the S1 controller.

All good now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @beendone, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it’s working fine already. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.