S2 app is rubbish

• 17 January 2021
  • 19 replies

Badge

Si app was excellent 

The s2 is hopeless

Cannot pair play one

Interrupted playback

Is possible to ditch s2 and just go back to s1?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’ve been using the S2 App for months without issue.  Your symptoms sound more network related, please see my article here.

Badge

Thank you

This is the message i get on the s2 app

Obviously text missing but its all i get

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you

This is the message i get on the s2 app

Obviously text missing but its all i get

So the App thinks this is part of a stereo pair in the Living Room.  Is this what you want?

Badge

Sorry

I have 6 Play i

Kichen L and R paired ok

Living room L and R and

Playroom L and R refuse to pair

I do appreciate your help as it is impossible to reach anyone at Sonos

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That’s no problem, we’re here to help. :)

If you open the Sonos App>Settings>System>About - what devices do you see listed?

Are you able to temporarily connect any of the devices that aren’t visible via an ethernet cable to your router and then check for Updates within the Sonos App?

Badge

All six play 1s are listed

But cant pair as previously stated

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The App thinks that they are are already paired.  This is denoted by the L & R after each Living Room Play:1.  Have you tried selecting them in the System (Middle Icon) and playing music?  What happens?

Badge

They all play but cannot pair

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

They all play but cannot pair

So in ‘About’, the Living Room Play:1’s aren’t shown as L&R?  Can you take a screen image of the About page with the Living Room devices showing? Just to clarify, do you mean Stereo Pair or Group?

Badge

Badge

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for that.  I think the issue is that during the update to S2 the pairing has partially broken.  Can you please factory Reset your Living Room Right Speaker, please see this article and then retry the pairing.  If it fails, please reset the Living Room Left speaker and then add one and retry the pairing.  

If this works, please repeat for the Play Room.

Badge

Ibthink its the app

I try to pair playroom l and r

These are the messages i get

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did you factory reset both devices?

Badge

No sorry had to go

Ill try later

Thank u once again

Start by resetting your phone’s font size to default, from the extremely large size you’re currently using. You’ll then be able to actually read what the configuration cards in the Sonos controller are trying to tell you.

In a pairing operation the controller will ask you to confirm that the speaker is to change from <old room name> to become part of the new pair.

Badge

Ratty

Absolutely brilliant mate

Sorted.

Just need to change my eyes ffs!

Thanks mate