Answered

S2 and Play:1

• 20 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dears

I still have 3 x Play:1’s in my system which is controlled by the S2 software.
Controlling these Play:1’s goes smoothly with the S2: I have a stereo pair which I can group with the eARC etc …

The SONOS scan of my system tells me that these Play:1’s are not S2 compatible.

Is there an issue that I’m not aware of ?
Will there be an issue in the near future ?

rgds

Luc

icon

Best answer by James L. 20 April 2021, 11:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are you maybe confusing the possibility to receive a discount when “upgrading” (showing on you profile page on the Sonos website) with S2 capability of the Play:1's?

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is what it tells me:
you have 1 product which is not compatible with the new S2 app.

As a solution it is suggested:

• stay on S1
  • upgrade your system and have a 30% discount
  • remove S1 product

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That is strange indeed. Especially since your system is running on S2 without  complaint. Is there a Bridge (or other non S2 capable device)) on the list of your household (https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/)?

The notification does not inhibit the use of your system?

Badge +17

@Tooteke

Play:1s are definitely compatible with S2 and you should have no issues in upgrading them if you haven’t already. The message you’re seeing on the website must be referring to a different product - perhaps a Bridge or CR200 as @106rallye suggested. Scroll down the page and look for anything with a 30% trade-up voucher eligible next to it; that’s the product it’s referring to. 15% vouchers are on products such as the Play:1 that are eligible to upgrade to S2 but are no longer produced and have a direct product replacement (i.e. Sonos One for the Play:1).

Userlevel 1
Badge

Not on my phone but with a connection to the SONOS database via a computer I still can see a CR100.

Il ask Sonos to remove it.

A Play:1 will not run out of memory or won’t be a bottleneck in my system, i hope …

thanks for your support and prompt answers !