Answered

S1 add problem after S2 migration

• 5 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 12 replies

Hello,

I had a playbar, several ones, a sub and a ZP100. All running via S1 app. Just purchased an arc, which required move to S2. The ZP100, as expected, is dropped from the S2 system. The ZP100 is also dropped from my system list shown against online account.

The problem is that I would like to (a) continue to use the ZP100 and/or (b) claim the trade up discount.

Wrt (a) ive reset S1 app which allows option to creating a new system, despite many attempts including factory reset  ZP100, the s1 app doesn’t find it - any ideas? Btw, ZP100 had latest firmware, ethernet cable connected, has white / orange flashing status light on power up for a few seconds, then moves to flashing green mute button. 

Wrt (b) it appears that to claim online the trade up discount, your product must appear in your system list, which it doesn't. Im guessing that solving (a) above would solve this too?

any help really appreciated.

thanks. 

icon

Best answer by controlav 6 October 2020, 14:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Badge

Btw, ive also just tried creating a new sonos account, using that with s1, same issues as before

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
  1. Turn off all of your S2 devices
  2. Factory reset your ZP100 and hardwire it to your router
  3. Start S1 app and “create new system” - create it with the ZP100. You can use the same Sonos account as your S2 system if you want.
  4. Verify that S1 all works. Leaving it up and running, the device should eventually show up in the Account page on the Sonos site for you to claim your 30%.
  5. Power up your S2 hardware
  6. Profit
Badge

@controlav - brilliant, thank you, now shows ZP100 in sonos account, i used a different account though just to keep separate.

For some reason though I’m not able to select the ZP100 in online Trade Up, which btw, was possible several days ago but I didn’t bother to collect the credit as the new Sonos Amp wasn’t in stock to order.

You could probably resolve that by just calling in to Sonos, and explaining the issue.

Badge

It’s a timing thing, about a day later after ZP100 showed up in the Account page, it also showed up in the Trade Up page. 

thanks all

Userlevel 2

Hi,

I have 2 accounts as I have some S1 products I wish to separate and use in a discrete area of the house (my office) whereas the rest of the house has S2 products.

The system as a whole keeps trying (and failing) to update itself, and it will not let me remove the S1 products until it has updated itself.

I have tried to update it using the S1 App,band the S2 App .…

Looking forward to your assistance.

Thank you.

Clive

Badge

@cliveburt 

purely based on the principle of what solved my original, but slightly different, issue….. perhaps you could try turning off/ unplugging from the mains power some of your products e.g the S1s and using the S1 app see if the update works. Assuming that works turn back on, one at a time, the products such that they then appear in the S1 app system.

hth.