Answered

Room cutting in and out

Badge +2

For the past 5 or so minutes the Office system has been horribly cutting in and out.  One of the Ones will play for a second or so, then the other.  Then the Sub.  Not once did the Roam cut out.  How is “interference”  only affecting the Office system?  989024897  Frustrating.  It makes it very hard to demo a system to a potential client when the system does not work.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 28 June 2022, 17:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sounds a lot like some potential wifi interference , I would suspect possible duplicate IPs causing some speakers to be fighting for access to the router’s data. I’d certainly try a network refresh by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting the router. Make sure to wait for the router to come back up before plugging back in the Sonos devices. 

There tends not to be coverage of Sonos folks on weekends to grab those diagnostics, so you may need to wait until Monday (EU time) for someone to grab that here in the forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DustyB13 

Thanks for your post!

As ​​​@Airgetlam suggested, the cause of the problem is interference. I can see very high (higher than I’ve seen before) levels of interference near the Office speakers and Sub. My guess would be that they are too close to a router, a mesh WiFi access point, a printer, a laptop or even each other.

Please read our reducing wireless interference help page and look to keeping the speakers 1m from possible sources of interference. Please keep in mind anything that might be on the other side of a nearby wall. If there are no nearby devices, look to remove nearby metal or glass surfaces.

Incidentally, the Roam does not connect to SonosNet like your other Sonos devices - it will only connect to your WiFi. It’s currently on channel 6, whereas SonosNet and at least one access point are both on channel 11. Please check your Sonos app and only if you see all your rooms present change SonosNet to channel 1 - Settings » System » Network » Change SonosNet Channel » 1.

I hope this helps.