Question

Room appears on Mac but not app

• 22 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have 3 x Play 1. one in the Living Room (which I never have probelms with so will not mention again), and a pair in the Kitchen. The kitchen pair have been fine until recently, when one simply stopped working. I did (many) factory re-boots, connected to the router, took it into other rooms, and while it connected to the system, and made all the right noises etc, it simply would not play music.

Somehow this evening, after repeated attempts, that has resolved itself and I now have a stereo pair playing music again in the kitchen. However the app on both ipad and iphone while both showing in ‘System’ a stero pair in the kitchen, do not show the room for controlling the music - only the Living Room (sorry, I know that I said I wouldn’t menton that room again). The Mac in the kitchen does show the room, so I can play music in here. It is infuriating as I have had a trouble free few years with Sonos but it seems to have gone a bit shonky in the last 6 months or so. 

I am not technical but would be grateful for some advice - this seems to be an app issue (I don’t want to start resetting speakers and risk losing the pair in the kicthen again).

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @Guy1973, welcome to the community.

It sounds like your speakers have become separated from each other, likely due to having factory reset them multiple times. When a Sonos system is set up it creates something called a Household; an identifying number that lets the players know which other players are around it. When a speaker is reset, it’s possible to accidentally set up a speaker on a new household, giving it a new ID and separating it from the old group it used to be in.

I’d recommend reaching out to our Customer Care team who will be able to take a look at your system and help you get everything working together again. In the meantime, please don’t reset any more speakers as this likely won’t solve the issues you’re having.

Let us know how you get on.