Answered

ROAM in a multiroom system

• 17 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

the question is about an unsual multiroom system.

Is it possible to use some Roam as multiroom speakers with the units permanently connected with electricity ?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 17 June 2021, 09:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes. When used as wifi-speakers the Roam works like any other Sonos speaker, you just do not have the possibility for a Sonosnet set up.

This is actually how I’m using my pair of Roams.  They are setup in a bathroom, and won’t be moved or used as bluetooth speakers except for very rare situations.

This isn’t really that unusual though.  Is there a more specific case that you have a question about?

For instance, they can not be used as surround speakers, or bond with a Sub. But they can be used as normal room speakers, although I think they’re quieter than the One. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for the replies. But the specific question is about permanent connection with AC power.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the replies. But the specific question is about permanent connection with AC power.

That was already answered: yes.