Answered

Reveal Album in Sonos S2 app?

• 4 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m new to Sonos so maybe I’m missing something.

In the Sonos S2 app for iOS is there a way to click on a single song and reveal the entire album this song is on? This would be very handy when listening to playlists if I want to jump to the album of the artist I’m listening to. 

Seems cumbersome to leave the Sonos app, go to Apple Music, find the song/album, add to my library, then re-enter Sonos app in order to listen to it. There must be a better way!

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 5 March 2021, 13:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @doubletime718, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

Depending on your device and music service of choice, your exact steps may vary, however there’s usually 3 dots present to the right of the song name, on the now playing screen - tapping these should give you an option for Album Info, which will take you to the Album :)

Thanks @Xander P for your response. 

When I click on the three dots the only options I see are: “Add Song to My Sonos,” “Add to Sonos Playlist” and “Play Now.”

In the “Playing Now” window the three dots reveal only “Crossfade” and “Sleep Timer.”

The above is regardless which music service I’m using. 

I’m on an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.5.1 and version 12.2.7 of the Sonos S2 app. 

Thanks!

Thanks @Xander P for your response. 

When I click on the three dots the only options I see are: “Add Song to My Sonos,” “Add to Sonos Playlist” and “Play Now.”

In the “Playing Now” window the three dots reveal only “Crossfade” and “Sleep Timer.”

The above is regardless which music service I’m using. 

I’m on an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.5.1 and version 12.2.7 of the Sonos S2 app. 

Thanks!

Perhaps see if the attached screenshot assists...

Wow thank you @Ken_Griffiths ! I never would have thought to scroll within the pop up menu as there is no indication this is even possible. 

This changes everything!