Answered

Retired Beam as Speaker Instead of Playbar?

• 8 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I replaced my 1st gen. Sonos Beam with a Sonos Arc.  I've read online and forum posts that suggest the Beam can be used as a "speaker," but those provided scant "how to" details.   I have Sonos products throughout my home and do not need another TV “soundbar.”

Can someone please point me to a resource/link/thread that will explain how I can convert the Beam "soundbar" into a simple speaker that's NOT connected/associated/affiliated to/with a television set? 

I’m assuming I can do the set up using the Ethernet port, and, using the App, can then assign the Beam it to any room?

It would also be interesting to hear what other applications users have found for their retired Beams--besides.selling them--additional speaker for existing set up? Independent speaker in another room?

Cordially,

Bill

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 8 February 2023, 19:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

There’s nothing really complicated about it.  Set the Beam up as it’s own Sonos room like normal, but never connect it to a TV and only using it for music sources.  You don’t need to connect to ethernet.  You can bond the Beam to a sub, 2 subs, or sub mini...like normal.  You can also add surround sounds and set music playback to full. 

Thanks, Danny!  I figured I was making it more difficult than it needed to be.  I guess I’ll retrieve it from the storage room.  Thanks again!

Cheers,

Bill