Replacing a Player

Hi, I want to replace a speaker (swap). How do I deleted the old one?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
webbswonderful wrote:

How do I deleted the old one?

I'm guessing you mean to delete the speaker in a controller. Just unplug it, that will do the trick. Then install the new one.
Eventually got through to customer support: To remove speaker from system unplug it. Then hold down the Play/pause button (mute on some systems) and plug in continuing to hold the button down until the light flashes green, The speaker is now removed from system and data wiped clean.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
webbswonderful wrote:

To remove speaker from system unplug it.

Indeed.

webbswonderful wrote:

Then hold down the Play/pause button (mute on some systems) and plug in continuing to hold the button down until the light flashes green, The speaker is now removed from system and data wiped clean.

No, you just wiped all data, which is fine if it's what you want. You had already removed it from your system in step 1.
Hi, thanks for replying. I did not explain very well what I wanted to do; I have a speaker on my system called "Kitchen". l wanted to replace that speaker with another, newer model and call it "Kitchen". Just unplugging the old one doesn't achieve that. Restarting it, as I describe above, does and, as you say, removes my data making it resellable. Hope that helps anyone else trying to do the same. The helpline operative said they got frequent calls on the topic as there are no obvious instructions online. They (operatives) have requested an update of instructions.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)