Question

Recalibrating Playbar

• 24 May 2017
  • 2 replies

I'm changing my surround sound set up and have moved my playbar, which was just enjoying life as an audio speaker in the dining room, into the lounge, connected it to the SKY box. Next step was going to be recalibration but the option, which should be under 'Advanced Audio' in the Android app (and also the Windows option), isn't there. There's only one entry: TV Options and that's just something to do with delay / lip sync.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi k1wgs,

Welcome to the community. The recalibrate option will only be present if you have a SUB or surrounds bonded with your PLAYBAR. The other choice to calibrate your PLAYBAR would be to make use of our Trueplay feature. Trueplay uses the microphone on your iOS device to measure how sound reflects off walls, furnishings and other surfaces in a room, and fine tunes your Sonos speaker. As you mentioned controlling your Sonos device with an Android and Windows based controller if you do not have access to a compatible iOS device you may want to consider borrowing one from a family member or friend. Once the calibration has been run from an iOS device, the calibration profile can be toggled on and off with any controller type.
Thanks for the quick response, Chris! I'll hook up two play:1 to the bar tonight and see how it goes.