Answered

Reauthorizing Amazon Unlimited

Recently I find I'm constantly having to reauthorize my amazon unlimited music account after Sonos seems to have ?lost access to it.  When I attempt to reauthorize, Sonos returns an Error (can't reauthorize).  I've tried deleting my amazon account from Sonos and reinstalling it but that dones't work.  This is a new thing after about a year with no issues.  You seemingly can only connect to AI digitial assistant via Sonos  as the assistant attempts to steer you away from any human.   At least I was able to speak with someone at Amazon.  No solutions so far.  Any thoughts?  Sonos you out there????

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 May 2022, 11:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Having the exact same problem.  I can play Amazon music on other devices fine, and internet connection is not the problem.  Have had this link setup for over 2 years and not had this problem before.

Sonos doesn’t authorize your account on their side, your system reaches out to Amazon to do so. Sounds like either there is a local issue on your network, or that Amazon has an issue with their authorization server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I get this a lot, usually clears in a few minutes. I just grab something from my library to listen to until it does.

It’s a software glitch between Sonos and Amazon which doesn’t happen on any other music service I have.  It’s also a new issue which obviously impacts lots of people.  Finally being able to reconnect to the music service doesn’t fix the problem because as soon as you change service and go back to Amazon later, the problem recurs again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @LenP 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please make sure both your system and controller are up to date - Settings » System » System Updates » Check for updates. If there is one update, please check again afterwards to ensure the controller and system then match.

If this doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.