Answered

PS4 Pro overriding playback options

• 30 September 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi, I have a PS4 Pro set up with my Sonos Beam through a Samsung TV. The Beam is connected using the HDMI ARC slot, the PS4 is regular HDMI.
I like to listen to my music through the Beam while I'm playing some games but while I am playing the sound continuously cuts back to the game sounds when I press the buttons on my PS4 controller. The PS4 is overriding my Sonos playback choice?
Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 September 2018, 18:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Turn off the “Auto-play” function in the room settings for the Beam, so it won’t switch inputs when it gets a signal from the TV.
I want to listen to music on the beam but still listen to PS4 game sounds on tv speakers at the same time, is this possible?
That depends more on the way your TV works, than it does on the Sonos.
Got lg 55sj850v tv beam in hdmi/arc PS4 in hdmi4 and after turning off auto play I can listen to music while playing. Would connecting tv via optical to PS4 solve it do you think?
Solve what? It sounds like it's working the way you want right now, or am I not understanding? From a use standpoint, there's absolutely no difference between optical and HDMI input.
I’m not able to hear any sounds from PS4 while playing music on the beam, is that how it’s supposed to work then?
Where would you expect to be hearing these sounds? The Beam is being used for music, so it can't be playing both the sounds from the TV and the music at the same time. You'd need to set your TV back up to use its own speakers again. It can be done, I would think, at least on my Vizio I'm pretty sure I can do it. But it would get challenging (I think) to make sure which volume I'm dealing with using the remote control....am I controlling the TV's speakers, or the Beam?