Question

Projector No TV

• 22 October 2019
  • 3 replies

I currently am using a Onkyo TX-NR626 with a Bose acoustimas system.  The wife would prefer to go wireless and I am wondering since I am using the AV receiver for my multiple connections could I set up the Sonos Playbar and Sonos One with Sub through the optical audio out and just use AV Receiver for switching to the projector?

Optoma EH460ST DLP Projector, 1920x1080, 4200 Lumens, D:W 1 PA FedEx Home Delivery 979.00 979.00 0.5:1 Short-Throw, 3 Year Warranty

Onkyo TX NR626

Connected to AV

Directv

Fios

Xbox

Chromecast

3 replies

I wouldn’t recommend it, if the S.O. is looking for wireless. The Sonos soundbars all require either an optical cable, or an HDMI-ARC cable to operate, and stringing one of them between a projector in the back of the room, and the speaker in the front of the room would be problematic.

I am not running the projector far from the screen.

Then yes, you could indeed run an optical cable from the Onkyo to the Sonos, as long as you’re telling the Onkyo, or whatever devices you have connected to it, to send only a Dolby Digital signal. The Sonos can’t interpret anything else. The SUB and surrounds would need their own power plug at the wall, but the connection between the soundbar and the surrounds would indeed be “wireless” .