Answered

Problems with using Apple Music on Sonos

• 11 August 2022
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

I use Apple Music through my Sonos and used it successfully in the past. What has started happening recently is that I select apple music, then get asked to re-authorise the account, which I do and get a message stating setup is complete, when I click on done, the Sonos message states it is unable to browse music, so I click back to the main menu to select Apple music again and repeat the same process with the same result.

My phone that I have the app installed on is a Samsung S20 with the Version 14.12 of the Sonos app installed.

I have deleted apple music several times from Sonos and re-installed as suggested by Sonos online support team and I use apple music fine on my phone with my Samsung buds but I can’t seem to get Sonos to recognise the apple music account any longer.

Has anyone else had this issue recently and does anyone have a solution?

icon

Best answer by FastMike 15 August 2022, 11:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Have you perhaps tried these steps…

1. Uninstall the ‘native’ Apple Music App from your Samsung controller aswell as removing the Apple Music Service from the Sonos App?
  2. Reset the Sonos App (in ‘Settings/App Preferences’).
  3. Reboot both the mobile device and speaker(s).
  4. Then put things back, beginning with the Apple Music App.
  5. Next, connect the Sonos App back to the ‘existing’ Sonos System (don’t forget to also sign back into your Sonos Account) and finally…
  6. Install the ‘Apple Music Service in the Sonos App 

…and perhaps see if that type of reset might solve your issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Support have advised me via e-chat. They are aware of an issue with Apple Music via Android and are working to fix this. The problem has been ongoing for nearly a week.

They did advise to use an iOS device as that is working without issue. They also don’t appear to be any closer on a technical fix.

Userlevel 2
Badge

1. Uninstall the ‘native’ Apple Music App from your Samsung controller aswell as removing the Apple Music Service from the Sonos App?
  5. Next, connect the Sonos App back to the ‘existing’ Sonos System (don’t forget to also sign back into your Sonos Account) and finally…

Tried all of the above and still saying need to be reauthorised.

@FastMike,

I’m sorry to hear that the steps mentioned didn’t work for you - I guess it’s now a case of waiting until the issue is resolved by Apple on Android devices, as mentioned by Sonos Support - it would be quite difficult to setup/try an iOS device, I guess, so let’s hope the matter gets resolved soon.🤞

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for this it gave me so hope... but I ended up in the same re-authorise cycle 😦 

Thank you so much for this it gave me so hope... but I ended up in the same re-authorise cycle 😦 

I am going through the exact same issue.   I was also instructed to sign in on an IOS device but I don't have one!! This is something that should be corrected ASAP!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Update 12/08/2022:

e-chat again this morning and was advised that they still don’t have an estimated fix time for this issue. I have again asked for the Service Status Page to be updated, as currently it suggest no issues at all and clearly there is a partial outage.

I was also advised again “use an iOS device”, doesn’t really help when you are Android user.

Update 12/08/2022:

e-chat again this morning and was advised that they still don’t have an estimated fix time for this issue. I have again asked for the Service Status Page to be updated, as currently it suggest no issues at all and clearly there is a partial outage.

I was also advised again “use an iOS device”, doesn’t really help when you are Android user.

If you do perhaps have access to another android mobile/tablet, it might be worth trying that too, as it appears not everyone has the issue here, so it might be device-specific perhaps?

Maybe borrow a device from a mate/relative and give it a go (if practicable)… just as a thought🤔?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Update 12/08/2022:

If you do perhaps have access to another android mobile/tablet, it might be worth trying that too, as it appears not everyone has the issue here, so it might be device-specific perhaps?

Maybe borrow a device from a mate/relative and give it a go (if practicable)… just as a thought🤔?

I have tried on a Huawei P30 Pro, Media Tablet T5 and Google Pixel 6 Pro and doesn’t work on either of them 🙄

Ah no worries then @FastMike… Let’s hope that Apple/Sonos get it sorted on android for you soon. 👍

Userlevel 2
Badge

@PixieBelle @Shalitia 

I have just managed to resolve this issue with technical support as a workaround until the permanent fix is deployed and the steps are as follows:

Using an iOS Device from a Friend, Relative or Neighbour.

1. Connect their device to your Wi-Fi network.
  2. Download the Sonos App
  3. Download Apple Music (if not already downloaded)
  4. On the iOS Device click Settings > Their Apple ID > Media & Purchases > Sign Out
  5. Launch the Sonos App
  6. Click Join Existing System
  7. Login to your Sonos ID
  8. Click on Apple Music in the Sonos App
  9. Click Re-authiorise
  10. Follow the journey in Apple Music.
  11. On the iOS Device click Settings > Their Apple ID > Media & Purchases > Sign Out

Then your Friend, Relative or Neighbour can sign back into Media & Purchases. Finally uninstall the Sonos App

Userlevel 1

Mike. 

Thank you so much. This has worked 👍 I'm very glad I was able to borrow an iPhone and thank you for your very clear instructions 😀

Userlevel 2
Badge

Mike. 

Thank you so much. This has worked 👍 I'm very glad I was able to borrow an iPhone and thank you for your very clear instructions 😀

You're very welcome and it was also a welcome relief for me as well 🤣😂🤣😂