Problems playing long tracks on Amazon music & Calm

• 12 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

Recently I’ve had problems playing any track over 30mins in length on Sonos via the music services provided by Amazon & Calm. I get the following error very consistently,

“unable to play - connection to Amazon/Calm music lost”

I never had this error previously. Everything was working fine.

Any tips for how I might be able to diagnose the issue/fix it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @Sid-Hartha.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

To better understand, kindly replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Badge +1

Sorry for the late reply. It started working again. But has now started playing up again. 

I just submitted a diagnostic report. Number 630269484. 

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Sid-Hartha.

Thanks for your response.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, it shows a sync error that indicates audio dropouts and symptoms indicative of interference has been detected on one or more Sonos components running on the Wifi. 

Commonly, this issue can come as a result of wireless interference, this article will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products. 

Wait for about 3 minutes, then submit a new diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation so I can check if there will be changes.

Let us know how that goes.