Answered

Prevent Grouping

• 26 October 2018
  • 6 replies

I work at a school and we have 7 speakers in the various classrooms. The speakers seem to want to automatically group, thus music from class 1 will suddenly take over the speaker in class 2. I know it's easy to ungroup, but is there any way to prevent them from doing this to begin with as the abrupt change can be very disruptive?
icon

Best answer by John B 26 October 2018, 16:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi. I have never heard of this happening and cannot imagine how it would occur. Are you sure nobody is doing this? Note that long presses on the play/pause buttons on the speakers will group speakers. Might that be an explanation?
Possibly. We've got three teachers in each classroom, so anything is possible. I'll go remind everyone not to hold the play/pause button down. Thank you!
Are the speakers on a network that students have access to?
No, only the teachers and staff. It's also in the preschool portion of the school, so the kids don't have devices that they might have managed to get on the network somehow.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
If so desired, you can disable the HW buttons for each player in the room settings.
If the spontaneous grouping occurs again, take a system diagnostic immediately and post the number back here. That should show what / who triggered the grouping