Answered

Playstation 5 and Sonos Beam (2nd edition)

• 26 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have read so many different answers so here is my question:

I got the new Beam with Dolby Atmos + SUB and i wonder how to setup my PS5 with it.

I have HDMI from my Samsung Q85R arc to the Sonos Beam and from my PS5 to Samsung Q85R HDMI port 1.

Which settings i choose for the best sound?

TV, Soundbar or AV reciever?

PCM, Dolby or DTS?

My second question is when i shall choose Dolby Digital+ on my Samsung Q85R audio settings it jumps back to PCM but with Dolby Atmos setting active, is that normal?

/Marco

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 October 2021, 18:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Use the AV Receiver and Dolby Digital Plus settings. If there is an HDMI Input Audio Format setting, set it to Bitstream.

FYI… the PS5 only supports Dolby Atmos audio while playing Blu-ray or UHD discs and your TV must have HDMI eARC. The PS5 doesn’t support Dolby Atmos through its streaming apps. If you want Dolby Atmos audio, use the TV’s native apps like Netflix.

Regarding your second question, I believe it depends on what your are currently watching. If you are watching PCM content, that’s probably why it’s jumping back to PCM.

Thanks!

Shall i use AV receiver 5.1 then i guess?

Userlevel 7

Thanks!

Shall i use AV receiver 5.1 then i guess?

Yes, that setting should work.