Answered

Playlists disappeared

• 21 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Since my last Sonos update I know longer have any playlists in my music library. Updating music library does nothing. I deleted and recreated the music folder, didn't work. I uninstalled the controller and redownloaded it, then ran update, didn't work. I also do not see the option to run diagnostics.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 21 December 2018, 03:13

Power down all Sonos, reboot router and controllers, power up Sonos gear at one minute intervals and see if things improve. If they do set static/reserved addresses for Sonos, reboot/power-cycle again and hope it fixes this for the next update.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Power down all Sonos, reboot router and controllers, power up Sonos gear at one minute intervals and see if things improve. If they do set static/reserved addresses for Sonos, reboot/power-cycle again and hope it fixes this for the next update.
What do you mean by 'set static/reserved addresses'?
What do you mean by 'set static/reserved addresses'?

In your router setup, there should be a section which allows you to assign an IP address to a particular device's MAC address. See your router manual for details.
I found nothing that worked and gave up, assuming that eventually the problem would get resolved with a new Sonos update. Has anyone learned anything new about this? My playlists are on itunes, and get updated or restored when I update music library. That stopped happening after the Sonos update. If this is not going to be fixed can I remove the update?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You can't remove the update.

You really should contact Sonos support directly rather than trying (here) the user to user forums. The twitter support option is staffed 24 x 7 and you could send a diagnostic and then contact them this weekend. Otherwise the phones open Monday morning.